Thursday, March 3, 2016

My Favorite Oscar Looks for 2016

Did you guys watch the OSCARS? I always do, aside from being a movie buff, I also love seeing "Fashion Super Bowl" of Hollywood.

This year however, the Oscars was tainted with the #OSCARSOWHITE movement, and it kinda showed this unrest even on the red carpet. I did not see the Super-wow moments I look forward to during this event, so instead of 10, I only have 8 favorites to share...

Charlize Theron in Dior
Definitely my favorite of all. She epitomizes what a superstar looks like, full of  glamour and style!

Emily Blunt in Prada
Winner among the pregnant ladies in the Oscar this year, and even in the non-pregnant category!


Tina Fey in Versace
Simplicity seems to be the theme in Hollywood this time, and this number is just the perfect 'simple' gown for such an event.

Olivia Munn in Stella McCartney
Following along the simplicity line, this orange number is a dress I would love to have!
Naomi Watts in Armani Prive'
Naomi always comes out a winner on the Red Carpet, nominee or not, this one just proves it further.

Rachel McAdams in August Getty
This dress is a stunner from behind, and only someone like Rachel McAdams can pull this one of flawlessly.



Charlotte Rampling in Armani
I love it when a woman dresses her age and does it with utmost class and style.

Brie Larson in Gucci
That smile truly shows the winner in her. Love this soft number on Brie's fresh young face.

And as always, there were a lot of disappointing moments on the Red carpet too...


Kate Winslet in Ralph Lauren
Oil-slick black doesn't look too hot, even on someone like Kate.... :-(

Kerri Washington in Versace
I also felt Kerri can do so much better than this "dominatrix" number....
Alicia Vikander in Louis Vuitton
And though she won an Oscar, this dress just seems so frumpy for my taste.

Overall, like I said, a lot of "boring" dresses was on the Red Carpet this year, I hope next year will be better!


Hope you have a Wonderful Weekend!

VEL 


 Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...

7 comments:

  1. I agree, Vel, very few wows this year on the carpet. I did like that orange dress though and I thought that Brie Larson was dressed perfectly for her age...bright, fun and young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yellow dress was my favorite of the night, I thought she killed it! Just goes to show that everyone is different doesn't it? Fun post Vel! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the round up Vel - I loved Alicia Vikander's yellow Vuitton dress - it was just stunning. Have a wonderful weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you Vel, very few "wow" dresses. I also agree with all of your picks for best dressed and not so best dressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlize Theron was by far the best dress on the red carpet. Great body too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Tina Fey's dress, but I think I'm biased because I love Tina Fey... Because when I think about it, I don't really like strapless dresses or purple... I liked Julianne Moore's black dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best dress for me is Naomi Watt's dress! It has a simple silhouette and yet some sparkly glamour without being overly busy. I agree with your favorite and your non-favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!