Thursday, June 26, 2014

The Chase is over for my Chaise!

Remember when I posted about "Chasing a Chaise" back in April?

Well I mentioned briefly afterwards that I did find my Chaise but it had to be custom-made, so it took a long while to get it and now it's finally here!


I ordered it from ARHAUS in St. Louis and I thought everything would be fine and dandy until delivery date...

After all the talk and email back and forth with my store rep, I (stupidly enough too) didn't notice the city address was wrong...

source
Actually it wasn't all my fault because when I placed the order in the store, I specifically corrected the store rep with the zip code and city name, so I assumed, that it was corrected already, without bothering to double check the final order form (talk about being excited)!

So instead of getting the chaise on May30th, it went back to OHIO and I had to wait another 3 weeks!!!!!
I was sooo upset thinking I could relax on it that day after a long days work, but no, disappointment like this sucks!

source

Luckily ARHAUS realized it wasn't at all just my mistake and refunded me all the shipping cost. I decided for a couple of hundred dollars (yes, it cost that much to deliver it since we were considered out-of-state-status), I figured I could wait. And here she is....


My Living room Spot!

Love that it's not too soft and not too hard, just right enough to sink in or lounge in


I love the brass railheads 
I love putting my feet up and watching tv  to movie with the kids
This chaise is a gift, from my hubs. He wanted me to feel comfortable with my pregnancy and when the baby comes and I am absolutely ecstatic about it!

I can just imagine relaxing here with baby sometime in the near future!

I need to still fix up our living room for the summer and with my new chaise,  it just might get me motivated to do it soon!

Have a Great Weekend!


VEL 

 Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...

21 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Vel! Well worth the wait! Glad you're finally getting to enjoy it. I'm totally loving that rug too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vel, that is gorgeous. Now you just go put your feet up and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks so comfy. You are going to spend hours there with the baby. What a great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost nodded off just looking at your new chaise; it looks that comfortable! Just the place for baby and you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks comfy, Vel! Love the floor lamp you placed beside your new chaise. Looks like a great spot to read and snuggle your little one when she comes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, and that pillow! If that doesn't keep you comfy, nothing will!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet hubby you have. The new chaise is gorgeous. I love the nailhead trim. I hope you enjoy relaxing on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You might have some competition with the rest of your family for this spot; it looks mighty cozy. Perfect color also! Now sit back, relax, and enjoy. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love this, Vel!! I have heard of Arhausel, there is a showroom in Oakbrook, IL. The catalogs I get are awesome! This looks so comfy...I want one now! You will love relaxing here, before and after your little one arrives! :)

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great "spot" you have to prop your feet up! It was certainly worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice! I think you need to put a little "reserved" sign on the seat and keep this one all to yourself :) We have an Arhaus sectional that we've had for over 5 years and it's held up amazingly well. Enjoy some time on your new chaise this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! I can almost feel that plushy fabric from here! Enjoy it, but I have a feeling you are going to have a lot of company snuggled up next to you on that chaise! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is gorgeous! So worth all the waiting! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your new chaise Vel! And I love Arhaus too. We've shopped their many times!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your chaise is beautifu. I love the color. I just found your blog and now your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, this is gorgeous! And it looks so comfy! Worth the wait for sure!!

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great choice and it looks very comfy, Vel. enjoy it!.....christine

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is beautiful Vel!! Definitely worth the wait! Looks super comfy too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I remember the many nights of sleeping in a chair with a tired and cranky babe in my arms. This lovely chaise will be perfect for now and later. Awesome news about the shipping!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful chaise, love the fabric! And it looks comfortable too. Great choice, Vel!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love touring the Arhaus store. So glad you received your chaise. It looks beautiful in that spot and very comfy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!