Sunday, June 1, 2014

Mudroom/ Coat Closet Done!

I mentioned before my Mudroom Plans last October wouldn't work out. 
But we still fixed it up last winter because we really needed this closet room for the season. 
And here it is...



First my husband painted the whole room white (Nude White by BEHR)

Much brighter


Than before

Then we added this rubbermaid closet organizer. We chose it because it was light and customizable to the size of the room (  3' x 12') which was very narrow and long, actually it tapers to the very end and the width there is barely 2 feet!


2 drawers for scarves and gloves shoes for the bottom
Now on to the details!



First, I added this huge Kate Spade Sunglass Vinyl Poster I scored on EBAY a while back to cover the Electric box.

Then I added these wooden  coat hooks from CB2 ( 2 sets). I used this because of the narrow space, anything really hooked or sharp might hurt us accidentally, so these flat ones were perfect!




BEFORE

Then I added these  Dot wall decals From TARGET

Used only the gold and black decals. Hooks are perfect for hats, scarves and backpack hanging!
I also added this small mirror and mail organizer.

Mirror - Nate Berkus TARGET clearance
Floating Shelf - TARGET
Mail & Key Holder - TARGET Clearance
Chalkboard - DIY with Spray paint

Another view
I also used the back of the door to hold our batteries & Emergency Flashlights.



And my kitchen step ladder.


That way the whole space was maximized!

The baskets up top hold hats and other out of season items like knit caps and mittens

BEFORE - PROGRESS-AFTER

Come fall and winter time, this closet will be jam-packed again and once again, some sanity will be kept in our household at least.

Hope you have a Great Day!!!!

VEL 


31 comments:

  1. Cute space, Vel. Love your cute pregnant shot below, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I wish I had a space like yours! So functional and so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cabinet like structure. Nice for my other room since it's too small to accommodate a wooden cabinet

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty mudroom - LOVE those hooks and the polka dots are just perfect!
    Beautiful transformation!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great solution and storage for an awkward shaped closet. You have reallymaximized the space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great makeover to the awkward space. I love the flat hooks. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You have really outdone yourself on this one Vel! Great solutions for a small space!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's hard to work with those awkward spaces but you tackled it! Pretty and organized! Love the hooks, the polka dots and the poster!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure do know how to glam up a closet! What a great transformation! It's a double hit with glam and function!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great little functional closet! I am loving those wood pegs to hold the randoms stuff! They are so fun! SO buying some for the boys rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you really maximized this space!! I love the round wall hooks; they are so perfect with the dot decals. And that Kate Spade print is so great!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great use of space! You guys did a great job! I love how you decorated it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! Looks so functional too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great makeover...even your closets are pretty, Vel!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have thought of everything, Vel. I was thinking wow, she even put pictures - what a fabulous idea for hiding the breaker box and the wooden hooks…fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vel, I love, love this makeover! You have my mind going and going. Lol. We have a large closet like that, I think it is time for an update.Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love an organized closet and yours is so pretty also! Great space Vel!

    ReplyDelete
  18. super use of space!!!! Christine from Little Brags

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks great and its functional! The perfect combination:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great and fun space Vel! Genius use of the poster! Love the decals!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is amazing how much storage space you created in that tiny area! I love the poster idea and might have to copy that in my laundry room, where our electrical box is located. Wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great job, Vel, on the mudroom! Working with those odd-shaped spaces can be such a challenge, but you maximized the space. I like the idea of the flat hooks, and those dot decals add just a touch of whimsy -- and we all need some of that, right? I really like the rope-wrapped mirror, too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You really did maximize all the space! Love how you used the poster to cover the electrical box and those polka dot decals are so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. you are totally maximizing this space. fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Its hard working with a small space but you've added in heaps of storage and clever ideas. Its looking good. I love your Kate Spade print on the wall too, it adds a bit of fun and colour!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Youcertainly did make the most of that space Vel! I love the rope mirror, I am sure the space is very useful to your family too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Don't you just love the feeling you get when you create something like this and it turns out so great and useful! GOod job!..BTW...where'd you find that hanging thing holding the batteries? I'd like one of those for my garage!
    Cheri
    quiltingnanny at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the wooden coat hooks! You really maximized every inch and it's not just functional but pretty as well!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your coat closet looks beautiful and so functional! You did a fantastic job, Vel. Can you come and decorate my coat closet too? :)

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a great makeover for what could totally have been a challenging space. I love the idea of covering the electrical box with an easy to move poster! Thanks for linking up to The DIY'ers---hope to see you back on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your new Mudroom! I'll be featuring you this week at Simple & Sweet Fridays. Thanks so much for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!