Monday, June 30, 2014

Garden Days & Summer camps


If you've read my blog for a while, you know I'm one those cursed people with the dreaded
BLACK THUMB (daaan daaaan daaan!!!)

via

Yup, the opposite of those people with the GREEN THUMB - I 'Kill' plants. Not on purpose mind you, they just 'don't like me'! ;-)

via

So luckily, I married a man who has better thumbs that I have! And so he's been busy planting up and pretty-fying our back patio with pots and plants.

You already saw what we did with our pergola...



But we also added these to the opposite deck...

Don't mind the weeds, just look at the planters ;-)

We chose boxwoods and got the planters from Sam's Club ($12.99 each which I think is a bargain).

I don't know why we only added these recently, I love them here.
He also repotted this Adenium plant - a gift from a friend
We also had this problem area beside the pool house...


Overgrown weeds BLAH!
As you can see, we plan to remove the weeds and plant these 3 flowering shrubs there too, we just have to have the time to do it. ;-)


On another note, this past weekend, we dropped of my oldest son in Chicago for a 3 week camp, the longest time he'll be away from home.
In his dorm room
I think I'm having more' withdrawal' symptoms than he does, since I am missing him like crazy (yes, he's only been gone less than a day since we dropped him off  yesterday afternoon), so my hubs promised me we're going back next weekend to visit him in Chicago for just a few hours (they limit the visits for parents like me since they feel the child will feel more homesick seeing their parents homesick)



So please excuse me for my sporadic posts since other than taking frequent long drives we're also gearing up for my other son's Summer Camp play the weekend after the 4th!!!


I hope you all have a wonderful and fun 
4th of July everyone!


VEL 

 Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...

16 comments:

  1. Love your yard, it is fabulous and I love the pics of you and the boys. You are looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful garden! I love how very creative Becky's projects are. So fanciful! There's really a lot of inspiration in these gorgeous pictures. Brenda, such a fun site to find!
    House Designed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pergola and gazebo look gorgeous!! I'll just sit there with a margarita enjoying the pool while you all work :) And you're looking radiant, my friend. Enjoy the holiday ahead. Ciao, L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is amazing! I love the view we have of your windows as well. They always truck me as magnificent from inside, but wow! They are even better when seen from the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure my comment went through? I didn't have the usual message afterwards. Anyway, I ws telling you how much I love your windows we can see from the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your backyard is just beautiful, Vel -- YAY for hubbies with "green thumbs!"

    Maybe you should just remind those people at your son's camp that you are a pregnant mother with raging hormones and if you need a "son-fix," they had better darn well let you have one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your yard is amazing! Happy fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your backyard is SO pretty, Vel! I also have a black thumb...good thing I have a good gardener! Hope you have a fabulous week...and big hugs to you...I know what it is like to miss your kids when they are away! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't be ashamed of your black thumb...I am like that with houseplants! Nothing can live in my home, I kill it no matter how I fuss. I love your plants poolside, the boxwood are beautiful and that was a great deal!

    I would miss my kids terribly if they were gone as long as your son and as far away. I wish I was home on weekends, we could meet for coffee or something. Enjoy your visits and I really hope he is having a good time! :)

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw,I think it's sweet that you miss your son! It's hard to let them start to spread their wings, but he will no doubt have a fantastic time. You got quite the bargain with your planters, Vel. Even the ugly ones can cost that much, and yours are fabulous. Have a wonderful fourth and visit with your camper! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. You definitely got a great deal on those planters! They look great! I know you're missing your son, but I bet he's having a blast. :) At least you can visit him a little. Have a safe and happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vel, your backyard is an oasis, so lovely! I love the new planters on the deck! Hope your son has a wonderful time at camp. What an experience that he will never forget!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 4th Vel. Love the boxwood containers. So classic and orderly looking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those planters! You have a great backyard, the good thing is, those small changes are going to make it look even better! Your son is having a great time, put that in your mind ;) Have a wonderful 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your new plants look great, and your pool looks so refreshing. I still miss having my kiddos at home, and they've been grown and gone for awhile now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a darling pic of you and your son Vel!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!