Sunday, June 15, 2014

A Baby Shower on a Budget

First of all, THANK YOU SO MUCH for your greetings of CONGRATULATIONS
for our THIS OLD HOUSE MAGAZINE FEATURE!!! You guys are the best, and it really swells up my heart to know how equally happy and proud you are of that, a big hug to all of you!


Anyway, today I just wanted to share with you  a baby shower I hosted  for one of my friend who is also pregnant like me, at our home 2 weekends ago.

This is one of those things that I should have thought long and hard first before committing since I too am at that delicate phase and eventually realized hanging streamers from the ceiling was clearly not do-able in my current state.

Luckily I have other friends who love me and her and helped out a lot in the preparation (ladies you know who you are?!), and I am grateful indeed!



So let's start off with the Baby Shower Decorations.



Just added balloons to the ceiling
Balloons -$1/15  X2 colors
String-  $1

I put my diaper cake gift in the middle and giveaways atop cake stands. 
The bunnies are to be prizes for the games.

Used Dollar Store table covers (x4) to make faux curtains -hung these using painters tape
Baby Shower sign was just borrowed

Used Flower garlands I got post-easter from Dollar Tree for 50 cents each
Egg lanterns were post-Easter finds from Target
The duckies were borrowed from another friends Baby shower

Pompoms on the food island - Another borrowed decor from my friend grace
Porcelain bassinet Card holder a Goodwill find

As you can see from my sources, I did not spend much on my decor. A lot of effort and planning ahead YES, but not a lot of dough. ;-)

For the Baby Shower Giveaways 



Simple Booties with candies inside!
Styrocups 89 cents for 24 (sale from Target)
Tags -$2.00 for 24 (Party city)
Tulle - $3.99 for 24 (Party City

Again, very affordable and I think makes it a bit more special for the celebrant and her baby.

Baby Shower Food

As you can see we had plenty !
Had to share this - A friend of ours did this! WOW!
For Big parties like these, I usually do it POTLUCK and most of our friends are always more than willing to contribute. I made only 2 dishes and provided the utensils and the drinks!
Definitely budget-friendly and always oh-so-yummy!


Baby Shower Games

I had planned on more, but we ended up playing on 3 games.
FREE PRINTABLE FROM HERE
FREE PRINTABLE FROM HERE
Baby Food Tasting Game for the Men - I used diapers just to make it more "FUN"!!!
The talking and eating dominated the party! 
There are tons of Free printable Baby Shower games out there, just choose to your liking!

From my IG

We also had a photobooth in the basement and I gave copies of all our photos to the Celebrant mom afterwards!


Baby Shower Gift

I already showed you How to Make a Diaper Cake, but as a brief review, here it is again...

Easy Peasy ;-)
Mom-to-be-host with the Mom-to-be-Celebrant
Gave her the Photos from the photobooth as a memento of this day and of course the cake!


In the end, no matter what budget, getting help setting up was really key to this successful Baby Shower...


THANKFUL for these 3 girlfriends who did this with me!

Say "BABIES"!!!


Hope you Have a Wonderful Week!


VEL

34 comments:

  1. Yes, getting help is always necessary! Looks like a great day!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun party! We have a baby shower coming up at the end of June and I can definitely use some of your gorgeous pink inspiration! Thanks, Vel! Ps- You look even more stunning than usual...that baby agrees with you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must have been a baby shower kind of weekend! I adore those balloons hanging from the ceiling. What a fabulous idea! And that fruit carriage is just adorable. Thanks for sharing the cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the fun baby shower ideas - I especially love the look of the balloons on the ceiling. And can we talk about how impressive it is that you put this whole thing together while being far along in your own pregnancy?! Hope you girls had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you all had a great time! The watermelon carriage is just too adorable for words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The decorations are all fabulous, such a great party. Looks like everyone had such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are too clever! I'm pinning this for future reference!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of a celebrity baby name game! So fun! All the food looks delicious and the decor is absolutely adorable! You all did a wonderful job on the shower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you decorated!! That's my favorite way to do it- I'd rather have to put in more prep work but not spend much money just because my budget for these kinds of things is always tiny. Yours does not look like a shower on a budget though, you did a fabulous job!! I love the photo booth idea, that is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looked like a fabulous party, Vel...and you look amazing in your pretty striped dress. Pregnancy agrees with you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable party! And all of that food? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

    I enjoyed seeing the photos from your shower!
    Thanks so much for sharing,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. That' the best way... give a helping hands.

    And I am not amazed coz "helping hands" are just one of a Filipino way. Kapit-bisig kahit papaano.

    Love all your tips, Kabayan coz I soon have one. Lola na ako in August.

    Hugs from D´Box,
    /Chie

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable shower!! I love the balloons, and that porcelain bassinet is absolutely adorable!

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful and fun panty! You are the best! :) Thank you so much for sharing at Tuesdays at Our Home. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Wow, everything's sooo pretty, Vel! You're the queen of party decor, I love how you transform them! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like so much fun! Hanging pom poms from the ceiling is one of my favorite ways to decorate for a party. You did a beautiful job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, what a wonderful party, and all of your decorations were just so darn cute! That baby food tasting from the diaper just cracked me up! All of the food just looked so yummy, and the watermelon was adorable! So glad you had such sweet helpers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The watermelon is the cutest food decoration I think I have ever seen...that is precious. Thanks for sharing on the Thursday Blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a lovely shower, the booties are ingenious.
    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow! what a wonderful and thrifty shower. Its all gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. xo P.S. watch for your feature on Monday ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an awesome baby shower! : )

    ~Sarah
    http://atowngirlslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the color scheme and the balloons hanging from the ceiling!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The giveaways are adorable! Such a creative idea... :-)

    Lory
    http://designthusiasm.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. This makes me want to host a shower, Vel!! :) So pretty, and you are the absolute best at coming up with the biggest bang for your buck ideas! I'm definitely stealing the balloons hanging from the ceiling! What a fun group of friends, and lucky mom-to-be! Thanks for sharing at Best of the Nest!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love all this ideas!!! I might use some for my sisters baby shower coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What was used to make the white flowers on the watermelon carriage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you ever find out what fruit the white flowers were made out of? I want to make one of these for my daughters baby shower but I don't know what kind of fruit the white flowers are.

      Delete
    2. It was made from turnips. :-) Good luck!

      Delete
  28. Nice post! Thanks for sharing your ideas about Baby Shower. PartyManao is your one-stop online party supplies and planners, organizers. Visit partyManao.com for your party planning needs.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks like so much fun! Hanging pom poms from the ceiling is one of my favorite ways to decorate for a party. You did a beautiful job! :)
    Baby celebrant

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm going to begin following you on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!