Thursday, October 10, 2013

Week 2- Tween Boy Bedroom Update & Birthday Greeting

It's been a busy week but we're happy to accomplish a lot.

First, we painted...

White & bright

We painted the walls "Nude" color by BEHR paint in eggshell finish.  The back wall was painted "Peaceful Night" from  BEHR as well ( I think perfect for this bedroom). I also added some interest on the left and right wall...

Yup, taped up me up some stripes!
Used the same 'Peaceful night' paint from Behr
And of course I used FROG TAPE for my stripes.
I've had experience using other brand of tape before, but after I used Frog tape in my bedroom wall stripes, I knew, there was no other tape I'd use for the lines all over my son's room.

I love stripes, and since I did not like to go all bear white, I added this!

I think it looks great for this teen boys room!

Reminds us also of their first bedroom ever, back when we were in our first home in Chicago...

See...:-)

Also, we ( I mean my husband) finished the flooring on the Dormer space!

Isn't my hubs awesome?! He did this all by himself!
We basically ordered these striped "FLOR-like" carpet tiles from Eurotiles at "HomeDepot".
I originally wanted to get these FLOR tiles below...

But the cost? $300!!!!
The Eurotile cost  us only $99 with some extras - We just bought Carpet glue, used exacto knife and VIOLA! We now have nice flooring for this nook!

Glimpse of the paint treatment I placed here too!

It's a mmix of blues and brown - perfect for the space

On a side note, today is also my Hubby's birthday!!!!!

With My Best Friend and One True Love

I always address him this way whenever I greet him since it's definitely true! 
Life can't get any better than this babe!
I love you forever Hope you have a very Happy Birthday!!!!



I'm still doing a lot of painting, this time furniture to use as one of the side tables. Still on the hunt for the other one, might have to actually make one in the end!

Next week, I'll share some easy DIY's we did for the space!

Have a Great Day!

*VEL* 

 Would love to hear your thoughts! Please share away...

Linking back to...





33 comments:

  1. Love the stripe, it looks fabulous. Can't wait to see more. Happy Birthday to your hubby too. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! I am partial to dark blue so I like the change.
    Happy birthday to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the paint job! Navy is such a beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is looking amazing - can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bargain price and fabulous look of the floor tiles, they work well with the stripe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the stripes on the wall and they look immaculate. Carpet tiles are versatile and perfect for high traffic or a kids' space and I have used Flor in a couple of spaces in my house but yes, they are costly. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blue stripes and carpet installed by your One True Love. Your two are just so adorable! It's so nice to feel such happiness in your words, Vel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your special fella! And the stripes are genius, Vel!! Totally cool! xo L

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great! Glad to know about the lower-cost alternative to FLOR. I love your paint treatment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the painted stripes! They are perfect! I would never be able to paint such straight lines!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This room is coming along so nicely, Vel! I need to check the previous post I missed. Love the stripes on the wall and those floor tiles, nice price :) I didn't know they were also available at HD.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! What a great room. I love the stripes and the carpet tiles. This is coming out so great, Vel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the stripes!!! Can't wait to see this room.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so sweet! Happy Birthday to your hubby! The stripes and flor-like carpet tiles look fabulous! We are both doing our son's rooms with stripes in mind! Great minds??

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your flooring turned out great, and the fun stripe gives it the perfect dose of personality! Happy Birthday to your handyman! :) Have a wonderful time celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, love the stripe! You're making great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the sun and stars lighting Ms. Vel...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Vel, I love the stripes! Wow, this is really going to be beautiful! Happy Birthday!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your wall stripe - it makes a big impact on your space! And the carpet tiles in the dormer space look fabulous - will have to check those out - didn't know there were cheaper options to FLOR!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cool room! Love the painted stripes and those carpet squares are Awesome!! Perfect for a boys bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the stripes-I would be so nervous I didn't tape straight....looks awesome! I'm trying to convince myself to hang the wallpaper, then my co-worker mentioned needing blades!!!! I might pass on that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Carpet tile is such an easy fix for a space. Love the fresh white with blue stripe!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The navy stripes look great! Did you by chance use the caulking trick?

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG! Those navy stripes!! And the floor tiles! What a great room this is going to be for your son. I love what you've done so far!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I absolutely love the stripe around the room! The floor tiles look great as well! Happy Birthday to the hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the stripes! I'm also excited to see what you do with that dormer space. I have the exact same space in my bedroom and I can't figure out what to do with it. It always ends up as "dead space." Can't wait to see the final result!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The stripes are perfect. I love that nook by the new window as well.

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's looking great! I love those carpet squares - what a bargain!! Can't wait to see what you accomplish in the next week.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh no! I missed your husband's birthday - yikes! However, aren't birthdays supposed to last at least a week? Anyway, happy belated birthday to him!! Love what you are doing, especially those stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  30. First, Happy Be-lated Birthday to your hubby! My hubby is my best friend, too.

    Second, teen boy's room is looking fantastic! I really like your striped wall treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the stripes! I want to try them in my son's room, how wide are each of the stripes?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!