Monday, March 12, 2012

Storm room

With all the storms down here in the south, we were glad to have a Storm room to go to just in case things get out of hand.

For all of you Easterners and Westerners, a storm room looks something like this...

Steel doors

Concrete all around including ceiling

Air vent on the ceiling

Phone line access


Of course, in case we ever get trapped in here (God-forbid) for a while, we need to have basic necessities at hand...


Matches, candles, flashlight, extra batteries, lighters, can opener


Water, toilet paper, canned goods

Copies of important documents

I am still trying to complete this room with ample supplies - I still need  a first aid kit, a cash stash, extra phone... etc....


I really hope we never ever use this room for real, but it doesn't hurt to be ready somehow especially with my family's safety at stake.

How 'bout you? What would you put in your storm room??

Have a blessed day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vel,
    Do you have a follow button. Would love to follow your blog but couldn't find what I was looking for.
    Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire! I think you just have to put your email at the very bottom of the home page and you'll be able to subscribe to my posts. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Hope you can stop by again sometime! Have a Wonderful Day!!